Getting a Library Card
- Visit the library with proof of your address: a driver's license, a letter or a rent receipt with your name and current address.
- If you are unable to provide proof of address, we can mail the card to you to provide this proof.
- Fill out a form and you will receive your card.
- You may apply online on our catalog by clicking the "sign up" button in the upper right-hand corner. Fill out the information, and when a librarian verifies your account, you will get a welcome e-mail and be allowed to access our online resources. This is a digital-only card that can be converted to a physical card by bringing proof of address to the library and filling out a form in the building.
- Cards are free to residents of the City of Shenandoah and rural Page County.
- All Iowa residents who live in a town whose library participates in the Open Access program or who contract with such a library for library services receive a card free.
- Non-residents may register for a family card for a $35 annual fee.
- Children may receive a card with parent or legal guardian's signature.
- The first check-out is limited to 2 items, but after that you may check out up to 50 items per card.
- Certain items may have other limits, such as 5 DVD's per card.
Fines are not counted on Sundays or holidays. No fines are charged on the first day an item is overdue. If fines reach $4.00, no more items can be checked out until the fines are paid. If an item is damaged beyond reasonable wear, the patron will be asked to pay the replacement cost of the item.
|Type||Daily Fine||Maximum Fine||Replacement Cost|
|Equipment||$3.00||$4.00||Cost of Item|
For a more details on our circulation rules, please read the library's Circulation Policy.